Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Where to Find the Sitemap for Blogger

I just started this blogger as a way to share some knowledge I gain from developing websites in the hope of helping others. Already, I have found something for this setup as well. What I mean is for Blogger itself. I was trying to find a way in all the settings here on Blogger to set up a sitemap but for some reason its not easy to find, or should I say non-existent. It's funny because Blogger helps set up this site easily in your Google Webmaster Tools, but one of the main tools is submitting a sitemap there. Funny isn't it.

Well, I know that every site that I have set up I always include the sitemap in the robots.txt file of the site. So I thought, maybe Blogger did as well. Sure enough, there is a link to the sitemap in the robots.txt file of any blogger site. So if your like me and want to get your sitemap for your blogger site, go to  yoursite.blogspot.com/robots.txt . Look for Sitemap, and there you go. You now have the address to your sitemap for your blogger site.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that! I was searching to try to find a way to submit my sitemap and all I could find were convoluted, poorly explained processes.

    ReplyDelete