Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Meta tags (Nodewords) for Drupal 7 Delayed

It has been some time since Drupal 7 has been officially released on the world but one of the major modules used by many, Nodewords, has been late to the release party. Nodewords has been turned into Meta tags for Drupal 7, which for me I never understood why it wasn't named meta tags in the first place. However, my ramblings about naming conventions still does not help the fact Meta Tags for Drupal 7 has still not been released and is giving webmasters headaches to this very moment.

Now, I know that search engines rarely care anymore for keywords and most meta tags, but that does not stop those who pay the bills for creating the sites wanting the comforting and pleasing feeling that they are there. I believe the only meta tag I really need right now is the description meta tag, as it is used by Google and many other search engines to show a summary of the content on the search page. Without it, search engines just take a random amount of text at the top of the page and that shows up on the search page, which for many articles is incoherent and would be better off changed by the author.

I hope the Meta Tags module comes out soon since for my paid sites I have no choice but to use Drupal 6 if they want to use drupal as that is a feature they all want.

Link: Meta Tags Module Project Page

1 comment:

  1. In case you need a meta tags right away for Drupal 7, there is a module called Meta tags quick that should hold you off until meta tags is done.

    ReplyDelete